Forum rules - please read before posting.

Narration with Dialog Lines and Speech Audio Files (translateable) - dialog not found

I want to achieve the following:

• use narration (i.e. background dialog not associated with any speaker)
  • should be displayed as text (works)
  • should be translatable (does not work as text not found) - though 48 entries are found - mostly menu elements - when using the gathering method
  • for each narration a separate speech file (mp3) should be used (per language)
  • each narration should only be played once, best would be to decide for every one if it's one-shot or not
  • the played once info should also be stored in save files

It actually fails right at the beginning, because the dialog does is not found/gathered:
https://imgur.com/a/SNTiDWs

Comments

• The ActionList in your screenshot is listed as a Trigger, which should mean it's part of a scene - rather than an ActionList asset. Is this the case?

To view scene lines in the Speech Manager, you'll have to set the "Scene filter" to display the scene, or to "Any Or No Scene".

However, you'll need to make sure that the scene itself is added to Unity's Build Settings first. When the "Gather text" process is run, AC will search only the scenes listed there - so as to avoid unwanted/old/test scenes from the process.

• Ah, thanks! I did not expect the build settings having an effect on something that is not a build ;) Maybe you should add this information to the manual? That the scene has to be added to the build settings for all of the texts to be found?

• Good point. In the meantime, this tutorial should have you covered.