Forum rules - please read before posting.

weird AL/Cutscene behaviour

I'm having a long AL running - much logic and couple of Timelines, which does everything exactly as expected when allowed to run, but if I skip it many of the logics don't seem to be run at all.

Comments

• I tried also to create a Cutscene and run the same logic there, instead of AL. The first command runs the same logic in Cutscene.

• Which Actions in particular are not appearing to be run?

• The camera stays in inventory and there's two camera switches after Timelines (12,19) and if I press inventory button twice I can get back to game camera, but not to the one switched to - but earlier. Both to the same Shop-front camera. The (14) Radio_put_away is fired after 3 seconds. (17, 18) should reset right hand layer to idle and remove any object just in case - this is not done. If I set Ingronre when skip to (10, 14) I get the animations to reset but right hand stays in "hold middle front" state and the radio remains in hand - so reset scripts are not fired.

Confusing enough?

• Comments can be enabled per-Action via their cog menu, which can be printed to the Console via the Settings Manager's Action comment logging option. Use this to confirm whether such Actions are being run when skipped or not.

If need be, you can precede the whole Action chain with an ActionList: Check Action that checks if the ActionList is being skipped or not, and run a separate branch of Actions in the event that the list is skipped.

• There seems to be a problem to which camera AC returns after Timeline. There is another case also where I had to create an extra camera switch so that the return camera would be right.

All of the logic in this case goes ok, but there are problems with Mecanim, it seems that triggers are not fired in correct times and there are weird delays with them. I may need to redo my animator tree.

• edited January 2022

There seems to be a problem to which camera AC returns after Timeline.

Do either of the Timeline MainCamera tracks have Sets camera after running? checked?

there are problems with Mecanim, it seems that triggers are not fired in correct times and there are weird delays with them

This may be down to the way the Animator system works. There can be inconsistencies when firing a Trigger parameter in the same frame as other parameter manipulations, regardless of the actual order.

It was due to this that the Ignore when skipping? option was added to the Action when manipulating Triggers.

• I think in both cases the Player is on another camera view than in the Timeline. In one case there's a ready made spraying guy that is swapped into same place as the Player and in the other Player is also teleported to a certain position before running the Timeline.
    I think that's where the problem lies.