Forum rules - please read before posting.

Inventory - hotspot interaction

Hi Chris, I have a Inventory which shall work via a hotspot interaction menu.
Can I create a second interaction menu which has a different layout? Because I have an icon arc. The inventory is at the top. So the intaraction menu would not fit in there.

Where is the hotspot interaction menu for the inventory handled when I click on a item? Because right now nothing happens when I click on a item in the inventory.

Comments

• edited January 2022

I solved the problem with the "no" interaction. There were Action Lists doing bad things when "turn on".

Now if I click the inventory item I can choose look or use. Look at is working good.

If I click the "use" icon nothing happens.
    What should it do: change cursor into inventory item
    I should be able to combine item or use it on other hotspots.

There is a Action List for "use" but this cannot handle those actions, I think!?

• I noticed, that there are no loop functions in the Action Lists. Will there come some?

• There is a Action List for "use" but this cannot handle those actions, I think!?

The Inventory: Select Action can be used to select a particular item.

You can automate this process, however. If your Settings Manager's Inventory interactions dropdown is set to Single, then clicking an item will select it if no "Use" interaction is defined.

If Inventory interactions is instead set to Multiple, you can check Select item if Interaction is unhandled? and set Select with unhandled to Use to have "Use" interactions select an item if no ActionList asset is assigned to it in the item's properties.

I noticed, that there are no loop functions in the Action Lists.

You can re-route Actions to run previous Actions in the list by dragging their wires to them when using the ActionList Editor window.

• edited January 2022

That helped. Thank you!

By the loop I mean a for-next-loop without having a variable from 1 to 10, check and raise by 1. Not just start at another element.
    Its about looping and couting up or down by x.
    There should be just a real loop function. On the discord some also said, that this is missing. Maybe you can ask around to make your own mind.

• I have one more in context with this.
    I have a closeButton for the Inventory. But if I drag an item I would need to click twice. Right now I solved this by haveing an AL when you hover a hotspot > this will disable this button.

But is it possible that I can check in an AL if I am dragging an item with the cursor? So I could close the inventory only when hitting a hotspot if the cursor is an item.

• edited January 2022

By the loop I mean a for-next-loop without having a variable from 1 to 10, check and raise by 1

I'm all for adding features that make things easier, but I'd need context - a typical problem it would look to solve. How would this work in practice? Can you share an example situation that would make use of this?

You can make use of ActionList parameters to create more complex logic such as a for-loop.

Here is an ActionList that acts as a for-loop, by increasing e.g. a Global Integer Variable until it reaches some maximum value:

To run it, you can then use the ActionList: Run Action to run this asset, assigning the required variable and max value at the time.

This ActionList asset could also be extended to e.g. loop back to zero, and/or run another ActionList upon reaching the maximum value.

is it possible that I can check in an AL if I am dragging an item with the cursor?

If the ActionList's When running property is set to Run In Background, the Inventory: Check selected Action can be used to query the currently-selected item.

• there are 3 elements to build this. And you need a global var for this.
    1. Set the var to e.g. 1
    2. check if it is X else
    3. Increase by 1

So if you have only 1 element and the element just creates a var for only this purpos you do not need a gobal var.
    But sure you can do it with this, too. I have no problem with this.

I just needed a check if the cursor has changed e.g. to a selected item.
    But its fine as well.

Thanks.

• So if you have only 1 element and the element just creates a var for only this purpos you do not need a gobal var.

The Variable: Run sequence Action can be used without the creation of a separate variable.

This Action can be used to run different Actions based on how many times its been run - so if all but the last output loops back onto itself, it'll run that many times before continuing.

I just needed a check if the cursor has changed e.g. to a selected item.

The Inventory: Check selected Action can be used to check if an item is selected. Alternatively, you can make the check through custom script:

AC.KickStarter.runtimeInventory.SelectedItem != null