Forum rules - please read before posting.

What is the best way to do this?

I want a door to be visible and then be invisible. However, when I use the "remember visibility" attribute, the collision is not included in the action. So even though the object disappears, the collision remains.

I turned the collision off, but now when the door is visible, people can go through it.

What's the best way to get around this?

Also, when the player pushes escape during a camera fade out, it gets out the fade. Is there a way around that as well?

Comments

• "Remember Visiblity" will only control the state of an object's Renderer - it won't deal with collision.

If you want to affect both collision and visibility, there's a couple of ways:

1. Teleport the door object in/out of view using Markers and the Object: Teleport Action. Attaching the Remember Transform component to it will save its position.
    2. Control both the enabled state of the Renderer, and the Is Trigger state of the Collider, with a pair of on/off animations, and control playback with the "Object: Animate" Action. Attaching the Remember Animator component will save its playback state.

when the player pushes escape during a camera fade out, it gets out the fade.

The fade effect doesn't react to the keypress directly, but if you have a pause menu that's set to turn on when the escape key is pressed, the fade will cancel to display the menu.

The default Pause menu is set up in this way, linked to the "Menu" input that is mapped to the escape key.

You can use the Menu: Change state Action to lock this Menu to prevent it from reacting to key presses during this time.