Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots not working in builds

Some hotspots in my game are for some reason not working. It's a little difficult to explain, so I have a video linked with a demonstration/explanation of the problem.
Unity Version: 2020.3.14f1
AC Version: 1.74.5

Comments

• I should also mention that the only major change I've made to the project (other than new content) was a render pipeline switch from SRP to URP. This problem cropped up after the switch, but I don't think that it happened right away, and it only has affected new hotspots. All of the old stuff still works as expected.

• Thanks for the details.

Unless we're dealing with two separate problems, the fact that the table Hotspot can be clicked when not on-screen suggests that this is a camera issue - with the Camera used to detect Hotspots being different from the Camera used to render the scene. Are you using any custom camera tools or workflow?

It shouldn't be that URP would cause this, but it'd be worth reverting back to the default pipeline in a duplicate/backup project to rule it out. You shouldn't need to update your materials, since Hotspots should be visible by enabling "Gizmos" at the top-right of the Game window.

If it's the case that some Hotspots work while others don't, are there any instances of there being such a mix at the same time? That is, is there a moment where two Hotspots are on-screen, but only one is interactive?

We'll need to compare the Inspector of a Hotspot that works, vs one that doesn't - share screenshots of a couple of examples, as well as your Settings Manager, and I'll see if I can spot any issue.

• Thanks for the response. The only non-AC camera tool I'm using is an asset called Camera Fit, but all that does is choose how the camera should scale. That's an asset I've been using since the beginning of the project.
    There was a time where you could place that artefact down, but not pick up the platform, but that has since changed so neither work.

Here's a zip with the screenshots:
    https://glyphfilmsnet.files.wordpress.com/2022/03/archive.zip

In the meantime I'll create a backup of my project and try reverting back to built-in.

• Oh my goodness, I feel like an idiot. I figured out the problem, it was due to an overlay camera I in that scene that I had forgotten to remove. It was messing with AC's camera system, removing it seems to have done the trick.