Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hide Label on Hotspot

Hello, I'd love to hide the label that only the context sensitive cursor appears. Is this possible?

Thanks!

Comments

• The label appears as part of the "Hotspot" menu in AC's default interface. Menus can be selected and edited in the Menu Manager.

From here, you can either delete the Hotspot menu, or lock it (to prevent it from turning on) by checking Start game locked off? in its list of properties.

• Incredible! Thank you very much! Is it possible to make the cursor bigger when I'm in document view. It is really hard to hit the close button. Thank you!

• The cursor's size won't affect how easy it is to click a button - it's interactive position is still determined by a single point. Increasing the button size would be the way to make something easier to click.

Can you share a screenshot to illustrate the issue?

• Yes of course. As you can see, the cursor is really small. https://www.dropbox.com/s/epzlcvbku30924q/Bildschirmfoto 2022-05-12 um 21.12.32.png?dl=0 so it is very hard to spot the cursor.

• Cursor options are available in the Cursor Manager. If its Cursor rendering field is set to Software, you can adjust the size values beside each cursor type.

• Sorry for the late reply. I've checked but couldn't find an option to just change the size of the cursor while reading documents and not in the game itself. Is there a possibility?

• Any Manager field can be adjusted through scripting, and a script can be written to adjust a value when a particular Menu turns on/off.

To get an API reference to a field that lets you change its value through script, right-click the field's label in the Manager.

Which field are you looking to control?

• I want to change the size of the Cursor to make it bigger while reading a document but keeping it small in normal gameplay mode.

• I'm asking about the specific field in the Cursor Manager - the "Size" field under the "Main cursor settings" panel from the sound of it.

The API reference to this is:

AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.pointerIcon.size

To update the cursor size when turning a menu on and off, you can hook into the OnMenuTurnOn and OnMenuTurnOff custom events:

using UnityEngine;
    using AC;

public class DocumentCursor : MonoBehaviour
    {

public string menuName = "Document";
        public float normalCursorSize = 0.04f;
        public float largeCursorSize = 0.1f;

private void OnEnable ()
        {
            EventManager.OnMenuTurnOn += OnMenuTurnOn;
            EventManager.OnMenuTurnOff += OnMenuTurnOff;
        }

private void OnDisable ()
        {
            EventManager.OnMenuTurnOff -= OnMenuTurnOff;
            EventManager.OnMenuTurnOn -= OnMenuTurnOn;
        }

private void OnMenuTurnOn (Menu menu, bool isInstant)
        {
            if (menu.title == menuName)
            {
                AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.pointerIcon.size = largeCursorSize;
            }
        }

private void OnMenuTurnOff (Menu menu, bool isInstant)
        {
            if (menu.title == menuName)
            {
                AC.KickStarter.cursorManager.pointerIcon.size = normalCursorSize;
            }
        }

}

• Ah sorry. I see. It's 0,1 size in game and should be 0.6 in menu.