Forum rules - please read before posting.

Re-arranging dialogue options in conversation not work as expected

Hi!

When I re-arrange the dialogue options in a conversation it breaks the setup of the conversation actions. For example if I move option 3 to last position, the assigned nodes just stays the same. I would expect the nodes re-order as well so I don't have to rewire the dialogue:play speech actions.

Is this a bug / am I missing something here?

Thanks!

Comments

• edited May 2022

I added a screenshot what I mean:
    I moved dialogue option "10: I think I'll better going" to the bottom.

Notice that also all the other linked actions became screwed up that way.

Is it a bug, or is there a way to circumvent this? I am really afraid to have to rewire all actions whenever we have to move a dialogue option.

• Technically, it's less of a bug and more of a limitation of the "Override options?" feature. Intuitively speaking, you're quite right to expect the outputs to update as well, but they are separate entities.

I am looking into a way to resolve this - though the difficulty comes from not introducing knock-on issues as a result. Thank you for highlighting the issue.

Currently, it is a case of updating the Action manually. You can, however, click the cog icon to the upper-right of the Conversation's "Remember Conversation" component and choose "Find references" to have AC list any ActionLists that rely on the Conversation in the Console.