Forum rules - please read before posting.

binding interaction with keys defined per deployment

I'm creating a hand, paper, scissors- minigame. I'm now wondering how to create player interaction. I have an idea of having three buttons player can press with mouse button, but since the idea would be that the NPC starts forming the gesture a bit earlier then the player, he would have a brief moment to react correctly - and so I thought binging keyboard keys to same interactions.

I had a thought of creating new conversation menu with these three buttons. This way I could get the count down easily with it. Can I use somehow a circular count down element?

I was also hoping the same solution to work ok with Nintendo Swift.

Comments

• I thought binging keyboard keys to same interactions.

You can run a specific Conversation option by calling its RunOption function. You can listen in for specific keys and run it in a custom script:

private void Update ()
    {
        AC.Conversation conversation = AC.KickStarter.playerInput.activeConversation;
        if (conversation && AC.KickStarter.stateHandler.gameState == AC.GameState.DialogOptions)
        {
            if (Input.GetKeyDown (KeyCode.A))
            {
                conversation.RunOption (0);
            }
        }
    }

Can I use somehow a circular count down element?

You can use the "Fill Amount" property of a UI Image component to create a radial progress bar - see this tutorial.

Conversation timers in the Menu Manager can be created using a Slider element. To map to an Image's "Fill Amount" property, you can have a script map it to the Conversation class's GetTimeRemaining function:

public UnityEngine.UI.Image image;

private void Update ()
    {
        AC.Conversation conversation = AC.KickStarter.playerInput.activeConversation;
        if (conversation && conversation.isTimed)
        {
            image.fillAmount = conversation.GetTimeRemaining ();
        }
    }