Forum rules - please read before posting.

ActionListAutosaving freezes Unity

I'm using U2021.3.6f1 and AC1.75.4. The ActionListAutosaving OnUpdate freezes Unity. Same with U2021.3.5

Comments

• This happens when an Action list is selected into editor after a while.

• edited July 2022

How are you determining the cause - does the Console report the save just before Unity freezes, or are you checking Unity's Editor log afterwards?

If necessary, the auto-saving feature can be disabled via AC's entry in the Project Settings - a value of zero in the Autosave interval (m) field.

• I only got this Unity's waiting for script to finish and there was this autosaving. It never finished.

• waiting for script to finish

As in, Unity's script compiling? Please be clear - share as much info/screenshots as you can. The autosaving may be a red-herring - it won't cause any scripts to recompile.

Does it occur each time ActionLists autosave, or only when a specific scene is open?

• Here's a pic: https://imgur.com/GNRCT8l

I set it to zero, and everything seems to go fine.
    But when I tried to get some debug data I only had to enter a number to the Autosave interval when this happened.
    So, hard to tell.

• Well, actually it went through, but it took 5 mins.

• But then froze completely after a while.

• This happens in both scenes I have. Maybe there's something to do with them being quite large?

• edited July 2022

How large are we talking? Roughly how many ActionLists and GameObjects are you dealing with in a given scene?

The same operation can be done on a per-ActionList basis by choosing Action data -> Backup in the ActionList component's cog menu to the top-right. If you do this for a typical ActionList, does the freeze occur - and for how long?

• This Action data -> Backup works just fine. The scenes have something like 120 ALs and couple dozen ALAs, so not so large after all.
    But since I have all the 3D packs installed, the project is 30 GBs. And this causes Unity to hang sometimes.

• And this causes Unity to hang sometimes.

This may be more of a Unity issue, in that case. I will attempt a workaround, however.

• edited July 2022

I'm getting the same problem here. Unity version 2021.2.15f. AC 1.74.5

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1_YSmKwX_6ai2vbVEyQsFvC0No7dbkwKI/view?usp=sharing

But I managed to solve it by changing the Autosave Interval to 0. Thanks!