Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hotspots not detected on the bottom part of the screen

Hi Crish,

I really run out of ideas with this problem:

• While hovering the mouse over a hotspot, the hotspot is detected and the label appears correctly. Moving the mouse vertically to the bottom of the screen, when the mouse reach approximately the last fourth of the screen, the label disappears, meaning, the (same) hotspot is not longer detected.
  • It happens in all the scenes and all hotspots.
  • I tested to hide all UI / Canvas elements while running the game to be sure there is no interference with the UI
  • It is close to the camera (about length 20), so it is not the ray length. The camera uses orthogonal projection.
  • The only collider in the scene is the one of the floor.
  • Camera can change position, but problem persists.
  • AC Game Editor > Settings > Debug Settings did not show anything that could be used as a hint. The console does not show any error either.
  • Unity version 2021.3.f1, AC: 1.75.4

Any light or idea is very welcome.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• We'll need to determine if this is caused by the scene, or your Managers.

Is this for a 2D or a 3D game? With your game's Managers still assigned, load up either AC's 2D or 3D Demo scene (depending on your game's perspective), and run it after unsetting the Scene Manager's "On start" cutscene field. Does the issue still persist?

If so, replace your game's Menu Manager with AC's Default_MenuManager asset file - what then?

• Interesting, I never suspected from Managers.

The game is in 3D, orthogonal projection.

Running Demo with my managers: Works. Note: The UI does not appear.

Running Demo with my managers and disabling OnStart cutscene: My UI appears. The problem appears.

Running my scene with Demo Menu manager: Problem solves.

After some time playing with everything I found that there was an AC Menu that was empty but for some reason when I selected a rectangle appeared in the game view which was the problematic area. I deleted it and now things works as expected.

Thanks a lot for the suggestion Chris.