Forum rules - please read before posting.

How do you get actionlist to run at start of game?

Hi,

I see some people managed to get it to where certain actionlist plays at the start of game. How do you do this? Looked everywhere. Couldn't find an answer.

-Heather

Comments

• You can find this field near the top of the Settings Manager - it's the "ActionList on start game" field in the "Cutscene settings" panel.

• I want more than one thing to begin at the start as different functions. That way it's easier to organize. How do you suggest doing that? Right now I can only assign one actionlist

• A single ActionList can run multiple Actions - either by running other ActionLists with the ActionList run Action, or by running multiple "chains" of Actions in the same list with the ActionList: Run in parallel Action.

What kind of things specifically are you looking to do?

• edited July 2022

So, what I am trying to do is have a Hunger and Thirst meter that goes down over time. If I make multiple triggers that are continuously triggered by the target, then I can do this effect by decreasing their variables by one and then hooking the chain back onto itself.

However, it doesn't seem to work if I run the action list as parallel and have each variable decrease as its own action.

• A recent thread regarding the decreasing of variables over time can be found here.

If you're decreasing two variables by the same frequency (i.e. every frame or every X seconds), you don't need two parallel chains - just decrease one after the other before looping back.

A script that causes variables to decrease over time can also be found on the wiki here: https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Global_Timer