Forum rules - please read before posting.

Earning traits (UI question)

Again, made a video because it's easier than explaining through text and images.

For clarification: Needs are things like being hungry or thirsty.

Traits are things like being outgoing, creative, etc. There is no overlap.

Comments

• The contents of a Container can be displayed in an InventoryBox element of type Container. By default, all such elements will display the contents of the "active" Container, i.e. the one last opened using the Container: Open Action.

To map a specific InventoryBox element to a Container, either through scripting or through Actions, see my comments here.

An alternative approach to this kind of system, however, is to use Inventory Categories. InventoryBox elements of the type Default can be limited to only display items in specific categories, meaning both Traits and Needs could be in the Player's inventory, but displayed in separate InventoryBox elements by placing them in separate Categories.

Regarding the element-visibility approach: you can check if a given element is visible with the Menu: Check state Action, and show/hide it with the Menu: Change state Action.

• Where is the option to split it by categories? Unfortunately, I just don't see it.

• Categories are defined in the Inventory Manager's Categories tab. Once defined, you can check "Limit by category" in your InventoryBox's properties to filter by specific categories.