Forum rules - please read before posting.

Director modification advice

edited August 2022 in Technical Q&A

I'm using Playable directors with multiple line between players and NPCs. Now some testers have wished for a way to repeat lines or directors. I was wondering if a splitting of all directors into character lines or having a repeat button in each director would be good. Splitting the directors would be laborious and repeat not so much.
I don't have yet any proper voice acting recorder, so I could change the speech speed, and since all of my testers are not English speakers, this could solve the problem. But I hope this would attract non English speakers anyway.
Any advise?

Comments

• A script that allows Timeline speech tracks to be skipped can be found on the AC wiki here: https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Skipping_Timeline_speech

It works by evaluating the currently-playing speech line, and moving the current Timeline frame to the end of the clip.

You should be able to adapt it to instead move to the start of the clip by removing the " + clip.duration" mention in the skipToTime declaration.