Forum rules - please read before posting.

Crave Stones (fractured objects)

Hello everyone,

I want to carve stones :) I have a big stone mesh with a rigid body and a collider. I made it into a "cell fractured mesh" in Blender beforehand so that the rock collapses nicely when you hit it with a pickaxe. Also, I want the fragments to be able to be picked up.

I only have a small problem: As soon as I start the scene, the individual fragments seem to collide with each other, which means that the stone seems to "explode".
At the start, however, the stones should stay together and of course only break apart when I hit them with the ax from my inventory.

Is there a way to activate the "is Kinematic" checkbox for the individual fragments? I haven't found a way to do this.

I also tried to solve this with an animation, but I didn't find a way to "record" the physics in order to generate two different states of the rock.

Is there a trick how I can achieve my goal?

Many greetings

Comments

• This isn't an AC-related question - you should be able to get some advice with this on Unity's own forums. I'd expect that the easiest way would be to animate it by hand - either in Unity, or by baking physics animation within Blender.