Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to display inventory name

Hello,

When I originally put together my inventory through AC, the object's name would appear next to the inventory item when I hovered over it.

Somehow, that stopped happening. Is there an option to have the text show again? Maybe there is something I just unchecked.

Comments

• "Hover" Item names appear in the Hotspot label. Make sure that your Hotspot menu is unlocked, and that it appears beneath the Inventory menu in the stack of Menus in the Menu Manager. The ordering of menus controls their update order, so the Hotspot menu - which is dependent on others - should generally be at the bottom of the stack.

• Is there a way to just show it for inventory? Or do I need to make my inventory Unity UI?

• The Source option shouldn't factor into things. If you only want to show the Hotspot menu when the Inventory is open, though, you can lock/unlock the Hotspot menu when the Inventory menu is off.

• Okay, so now I have this issue where the text comes up for some inventory boxes but not others.

^Shows up for the icons in the top right

Doesn't show up for blacked-out items.

• If the Hotspot menu is at the bottom of the stack in the Menu Manager, it might be a drawing-order issue - where the Hotspot text is being drawn, but underneath the Inventory.

You can check if this is the case by selecting your Hotspot Text component in the Hierarchy at runtime, to see if the item's text is being properly set when hovering over the blacked-out item.

To control the draw-order of Unity UI menus, use the "Sort Order" values in their Canvas components. The Hotspot menu, which should appear above all others, should have the highest such value.