Forum rules - please read before posting.

How to use Jigsaw Puzzle in a First Person game?

Hi Chris and all creators,

I downloaded the ArrangingPuzzleExample and wanted to create a Jigsaw Puzzle in my 3D first person game.
I made the Puzzle a sole scene and wanted to load it in the game main scene by run the Action "Add or revome scene".
But I met some mistakes:
1.When I run alone the Puzzle scene, the cursor is locked in screen centre. (As I have checked Lock cursor in interface settings).
2. When I run the Puzzle scene in the game main scene as a subscene, it appears in hierachy but not show in the scene.

I tried to learn more about the subscene and control switch, so I read some parts of the Manuel, in "Overriding perspective",it says "This feature is not available for First Person games".

I'm confused is there any way to load a 2d subscene in 3D first person game? Or is there some way else to use the Jigsaw Puzzle?

Please help

Comments

• When I run alone the Puzzle scene, the cursor is locked in screen centre. (As I have checked Lock cursor in interface settings).

You can use the Engine: Manage systems Action to control the locked state of the cursor at runtime.

When I run the Puzzle scene in the game main scene as a subscene, it appears in hierachy but not show in the scene.

Objects in an added scene will have the same positions they have when opened alone. If you open up the Scene window and select the objects you might be able to find them around the origin.

To have them appear in the game, you'd either have to give the objects a shared parent and teleport it in front of the Player, or switch to a separate GameCamera that is placed in front of them.

Because of the other issues you're facing though, I'd recommend starting out by switching to the scene instead of adding it. Adding the scene as a sub-scene adds to the complexity of the situation, so it'd be best to deal with the other problems first.

I'm confused is there any way to load a 2d subscene in 3D first person game? Or is there some way else to use the Jigsaw Puzzle?

The jigsaw puzzle example is a 2D game, and so its Hotspots all use 2D Colliders. You can't override the game's perspective when multiple scenes are open - it's either fully 2D or fully 3D at any one time.

The jigsaw Hotspots should work with its Collider components replaced with 3D ones, however. If your game is in 3D, I'd suggest starting out by running the jigsaw scene alone, but without overriding perspective and swap out the pieces to use 3D Box or Mesh Colliders, and get them working again before incorporating them into the game proper.