Forum rules - please read before posting.

Door animation will only play once

Hi all, hoping for some help.

I have my player entering a scene through a glassdoor and as he does I play a GlassDoorOpen animation. But when the animation is done playing I'm not able to play the same animation again when he needs to exit the door.
The door consists of 2 animations a GlassDoorClosed which is just a still frame looping and the GlassDoorOpen animation non-looping. Once the GlassDoorOpen animation has been played it's stuck at the last frame of that animation (as seen in the animator window) and it won't play again.
I've tried putting the GlassDoorClosed animation after GlassDoorOpen has played in the ActionList, but it doesn't revert back to GlassDoorClosed for some reason?!
Maybe I'm setting this up all wrong with the closed door being an animation? I'm still learning the basics and this is the first time I'm setting up a background animation. :#

https://streamable.com/7kmpmc

Comments

• This is how the ActionList looks when trying to exit the door. If I remove the GlassDoorOpen animation from when the player enters the diner, it works when exiting, but it won't play both times.

https://imgbox.com/9xSo4tKo

• The ActionList in your video has the Door's "open" and "close" animations playing in succession without delay - it won't have time to play the "open" animation.

You needn't play the "close" animation manually, however. In its Animator Controller, you can add a Transition from the "open" to "close" animation that kicks in once the former has finished playing. To do this, keep Has Exit Time checked, set the Exit Time to 1, and the Transition Duration to 0.

• Thanks Chris, much appreciated! :
    I got it to work by adding the transition, didn't even know that was a thing so I guess my next step is to learn more about how the Animator works!