Forum rules - please read before posting.

Overriding "When finished" in dialogue option

edited December 2022 in Technical Q&A

Hi,

I have a conversation with assoctiated dialogue options. The dialogue options are set to When finished=Return to conversation. I want to be able to change this behaviour depending on a variable check inside the option.
Specifically I want to exit the conversation and/or start a new conversation from inside the dialogue option action list.

Is there a way to do that?

Thanks and Best,
Alex

Comments

• You should be able to set it to Stop and then optionally run a Dialogue: Start conversation Action within the DialogOption ActionList based on some condition.

The recommended workflow, though, would be to forego the "When finished" option and check Override options? within this Action type so that you can determine the outward logic all from the same place.

This needn't necessarily mean that you need to have all of your response dialogue in the same ActionList - you can still have each option run your original ActionLists with ActionList: Run Actions that run these lists before returning to the original ActionList to determine what happens next.

• Ah yes, implementing it the other way around works! Thank you!