Forum rules - please read before posting.

Moveable NPC doesn´t completly appears on Marker

edited December 2022 in Technical Q&A

I have a problem with a "Movable NPC". I have a ghost that should appear in different places. Accordingly, I added "moveable", set the appropriate markers. Accordingly, when the player runs through a trigger, the ghost should be teleported to the marker. Basically, this also works, but it happens from time to time that the character is not visible, only the green light. The hotspot is still active, somehow the rest of the character mesh seems to be invisible or not teleported with. Even more unusual: Sometimes the triggers work at point A and I see the character and sometimes they don't at point A and I only see the glow effect+ hotspot. What could be the problem ?

I use Version 1.76.0 of AC

Hnj1Ty7.md.png

Comments

• You don't need to rely on a Moveable component if you're moving the ghost instantly - just use the "Object: Teleport" Action.

If they're in the correct position in the Scene window, though, it may be a rendering issue - as AC won't affect its visibility like that. Try viewing the Scene window in wireframe mode to check where the mesh actually is.

• I tried it now with "teleport". At first I thought: Great, it's working. But now I had another run where the ghost could only be seen completely at one station. For the spots where I only saw the light, I took a closer look at the prefab of my Ghost and found that the "Skinned Mesh Renderer" was deactivated for some reason. I just don't understand what triggers this. Most importantly, sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. There is no consistency in this "bug".

• The following AC components are capable of disabling an object's Renderer:

• Player
    • Player Start
    • Marker
    • Sprite Fader
    • Limit Visibility
    • Remember Visiblity
    • NavMesh Base

Unless your NPC contains these, or you're using the Object: Visibility Action on it, it may be caused by another script or asset.

• My Ghost appears at different markers. I try to check it deeper