Forum rules - please read before posting.

Video Player Bug

I've noticed an issue with the video player when ticking 'Wait Until Finished' in an Actionlist. Once ticked, the video will play as it should but instead of holding it's last frame, it closes it.

The video player is playing to the main camera on the near plane, not on a texture.

If you play the video as is, without ticking 'Wait Until Finished' then the last frame holds, as it should.

It's worth noting that the custom action here: https://adventure-creator.fandom.com/wiki/Manage_Video_Player_Action DOES hold the last frame when "Wait Until Finished" is selected, but it lacks the option to 'Skip Video' :(

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the 'Prepare Only' works if it's selected along with 'Wait Until Finished'. I don't think it actually waits for it to prepare before moving to the next node in the Actionlist. For example, if I need to prepare a video before playing it so it is in sync with an Actionlist running in the background that plays subtitles over the video, I'll prepare the video and THEN play it once it's waited for it to prepare, if that makes sense?

Is there any way this can be fixed in a future update?

I'm using AC 1.76.1 and Unity 2021.3.15f1.

Comments

• the video will play as it should but instead of holding it's last frame, it closes it.

I'll attempt a recreation. Can you share a screenshot showing the Video Player component involved?

Also, I'm not 100% sure but I don't think the 'Prepare Only' works if it's selected along with 'Wait Until Finished'.

This'll be a Unity issue - the Action will only end in this case once the VideoPlayer's isPrepared property is true.

A potential alternative would be to use Timeline to play the video and speech in sync, using Unity's Video Track and AC's Speech Track types.

• Hey Chris - Here's the requested video component screenshot:

Thanks for looking into it. As I make FMV games, having this fixed would eliminate those awkward black frames as it attempts to load and play the next video.

• Hey Chris, did you manage to recreate this?

• I did - I will make it optional in the next release.

• Lovely! Thank you :)