Forum rules - please read before posting.

AC cursor not interacting with Unity UI

Hello, I'm trying to move the AC cursor with a gamepad in order to move it over and select a button. It worked last year when I was using AC UI but I'm now using Unity UI prefabs and buttons can now only be highlighted when the "real" cursor is hovering over them, which I can only manage to do when using a mouse. Is it possible to have the AC cursor alone interact with Unity UI, is there a combination of settings I am missing ? Thanks in advance !

Comments

• This is a case of the Input method being set to Keyboard Or Controller, I take it?

When this is set, the cursor is simulated. Unity's default EventSystem won't react to it in the same way it will the system cursor. However, AC's own EventSystem, which includes the Optional Mouse Input Module component, should.

This EventSystem is spawned in automatically unless another is already present in the scene. Is this the case?

You'll also need to make sure that your Menu isn't set up to be navigated-directly. What are the properties of your Menu and the Menu Manager?

• You've got everything right, but even after adding the Optional Mouse Input Module component to the event system nothing changes, only the system cursor is able to highlight and interact with buttons. Here is a video I made to illustrate the issue show details, maybe you can spot the root of the issue ? Thanks again.

https://youtube.com/watch?v=x12VUsKlolk

• The presence of Input System looks to be the key factor - does the issue remain if you switch back to Input Manager?

• I just created a new test project without the new input system, and it seems that way, the cursor can now highlight the InGame's menu Unity UI button and interact with it using the InteractionA input ! So could you please make a fix for the Input System integration ?

• It's an issue with your Event System. AC's Optional Mouse Input Module and Unity's Input System UI Module both derive from Standalone Input Module, so there'll be a conflict if they're both active at the same time.

Disabling Input System UI Module works for me - try using the default AC Event System.

• Yes you are correct, disabling the Input System UI Module allows the AC cursor to hightlight and select a button. For the moment I'll just disable it for the few sequences where it is necessary. Thanks for your help !