Forum rules - please read before posting.

Using action lists as parameters

edited February 2023 in Technical Q&A

I created an asset file AL that accepts few parameters. Some of these parameters are set as Game Objects and are supposed to be in-scene action lists. If I try to run it with the parameters I need, the console will always show "could not find action list to run" for all the parameters. Is this intentional? I'm not supposed to set action lists as parameters for another action list?

All my in-scene action lists have constant IDs, if it makes a difference.

This is how the main AL is set to run, this is how it uses parameters, and this is the type of error I get (one for every AL I try to run)

I have AC 1.75.0 and unity 2021.2.14f1

Comments

• Your workflow should be valid - the ActionList: Run Action can have its ActionList overridden with a GameObject parameter.

To be clear: your "EnteringTest" GameObject has an ActionList component directly attached?

I can't recreate such an issue otherwise, given the screenshots. What are the properties of the ActionList asset?

• sorry for the lack of reply. I had another crack at it yesterday, and found out I was mistakenly running the asset AL (instead of the main in-scene one) right from the scene settings, therefore failing to assign any value to the parameters :(
    thanks for the support!