Forum rules - please read before posting.

How do I pass parameters to an actionlist asset that isn't an interaction or an inventory item?

Hey Chris,

It's been quite a while since I last asked a question. Nice to be back in the Adventure Creator weeds!

I have an interactive door (another door) that uses a curved draggable track as a crank. And turning that crank makes a door raise. I got this working reasonably well using action lists that lived in the scene. Now I'm turning this door into a prefab so I can repeat it around my level, which means converting to using action list assets.

My problem is....I'm running this logic by plugging my action lists into "Interaction on move" and "Interaction on let go" fields. However, I need to tell my action list assets the names of my door, crank (the object that gets dragged along the path), and** curved track** objects (along with a few variables). I assume parameters are the way to do that.

I have successfully passed parameters in the past using the Set Interaction Parameters component. I can't for the life of me figure out how to pass them to an "interaction on move"-type action list. There's no component for this.

I think I'm missing a process step here and would really appreciate some guidance!

Thanks!
--Chris

ps. I'm using Unity 2021.3 and Adventure Creator 1.75.5

Comments

• Welcome back, @sturgical!

Sounds like a case of AC missing a step here, rather than yourself. Currently there isn't an equivalent "Set Drag Parameters" component, but you've made the case for it, and I'll look into providing this.

• Awesome. Thank you!