Forum rules - please read before posting.

Simple button press to advance a cutscene?

Hi Chris, I'm trying to create a button prompt to progress from one cutscene to another. Essentially an animated cutscene equivalent of the Subtitles continue button. What I want is: when a cutscene ends, the camera lingers indefinitely until the player presses a "Continue Button." Then the game continues with more dialogue or animation. Is there a way to efficiently go about this?

Inside the ActionList Editor I have Engine:Control Timeline -> Input:Check (set to InteractionA) where "If condition is not met" is looped back into the Input:Check. "If Condition is met" moves onto the next Timeline or dialogue.

I have read elsewhere you don't recommend Input:Check looping into itself. However, I'm not sure how to use the Active Input Editor in this case. Perhaps my answer is an Input: QTE with a single button press? But I don't know how to set the time limit to indefinite. I should also add I'd like a UI graphic to pop up with a faint sound effect when pressing the button.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @JCostello95.

It sounds like a QTE is probably the easiest way forward - as it allows you to deal with the logic within a single ActionList, and has options to display a Menu while running.

If QTEs were updated to run indefinitely, would that solve your issue?

• Yes I think that would!! That'd be amazing, thanks

• Very well, I shall see about providing such an option in the next release.

• Thanks for including the option in the newest update Chris! However, I don't see where to mark the QTE to run indefinitely. Is it in the Input->QTE Actionlist still? Or is it elsewhere? Thanks :)

• It's in the action, yes - should be showing up as a checkbox labelled Run forever?.

• Ahh my apologies, I may not have properly updated AC