Forum rules - please read before posting.

Broken Cameras and Timeline

I am using Unity 2019.4 with Adventure Creator and the main camera track just doesn't work as a whole. The rest of my animation works fine though. And just as an extra note/problem. All my timeline testing buttons (play stop etc) are grayed out along with my record button. So how would I fix both problems?

Comments

• edited March 2023

Is the rest of the animation that works in the same Timeline, or handled separately?

The MainCamera track should work automatically - both when previewing and at runtime - so long as you have a MainCamera and separate GameCameras to switch to, as should normally be the case.

Outside of Timeline, are you able to use the Camera: Switch Action to switch cameras? Any screenshots you can share to help illustrate will help clarify the situation.

An example of the Camera Track's usage can be found in the 3D Demo's Basement scene - the Intro and Outro scenes are both handled via Timeline.

All my timeline testing buttons (play stop etc) are grayed out along with my record button.

It's not related to AC, but Unity's Timeline window can be a bit finicky. Make sure that the Playable Director component is in the scene, and selected. Then enable the "lock" icon to the top-right of the Timeline window - that should keep the Timeline "active" at all times.

• It’s been 3 days since my original problem and I fixed it. I had to open the the timeline from the director, and for each camera in the main camera track, I had to bind it in the inspector!