Forum rules - please read before posting.

Pixelated Camera Texture Question

Hey guys, I am new to AC , currently making a PSX game and I want to use the basic pixelated camera technique by attaching a Raw Image to a Canvas from Cameras Target Texture. It works but the hotspot UI doesn't work somehow. Other UI elements such as Pause menu works just fine but when I look at a Hotspot it doesnt show the UI.

I have tried making a new mMenu from AC menu manager and drawing the raw image that way but same happens. When I remove the pixel perfect camera, the Hotspot UI works fine.

What do I do, what could be the problem here or is there any other way I can add pixelated Camera to my game?

Comments

• Welcome to the community, @sagylel. What are your AC and Unity versions?

To be clear: are you using Unity UI to render your menus, or is the Source property of your Hotspot menu different to the menus that are visible?

By default, AC's MainCamera is the one that'll perform rendering at runtime - is this the one that you've set to output the target texture? If you select the camera in the Scene window at runtime, you should get a preview of what it's seeing in the lower-right corner. Is the Hotspot menu showing up there?

If you're using Unity UI for the Hotspot menu, check that its Layer is included in the "Culling Mask" field of the AC MainCamera's Camera component. Does it work if you temporarily switch its "Source" to "Adventure Creator"?

As this is a visual issue, any screenshots you can share to help illustrate the issue will help clarify the situation.

• Hey thanks for the reply @ChrisIceBox :)
    I disn't create a seperate menu specifically for the pixel camera in the ac menu manager, I just added a canvas and a rawImage in the scene and changed the MainCamera TargetTexture to that RawImage. When I select the MainCamera I dont see the Hotspot menu showing up there, I also don't see the pause menu and other stuff too I guess it's only showing the in game. I have checked the culling mask too.

Im so confused why can I see other UI but not Hotspot UI? I didn't change or add any new Menus from the menu manager.
    Here's a screenshot of me looking at an NPC. I should see the hotspot but I can't. Also as you can see I can see the Menu text at the left bottom.

Here's the version where I delete the canvas and set the TargetTexture to None of MainCamera

• Thanks for the details.

I disn't create a seperate menu specifically for the pixel camera in the ac menu manager, I just added a canvas and a rawImage in the scene and changed the MainCamera TargetTexture to that RawImage.

Sorry, I was referring to how your regular Menus are rendered, rather than the UI Canvas with the RawImage.

In the above screenshot, do both your Hotspot and InGame menus use Unity UI, or is there a pattern to a Menu's "Source" property and its appearance in the RawImage? It looks like your InGame menu uses "Adventure Creator" as its Source, which may be the key difference with it showing up.

Aside from your MainCamera, are any other Camera components active in the scene at the time?

• edited March 2023

@ChrisIceBox I was testing it out then I found out that when I look at somewhere next to the npc the Hotspot UI pops up! So it is rendered but I guess the raycast isn't right.

When I toggle the pixel camera on and off the direction of the camera does't change.

• The presence of the pixel camera effect shouldn't interfere with the raycasting - and that wouldn't explain the Pause menu not showing.

I'll need to know the details mentioned above. You're welcome to PM me a link to your project if necessary, along with details of which scene/Hotspot to test with.