Forum rules - please read before posting.

Turn Cursor on and off

Hi,

It is not always clear cut when I want the cursor to show or not in a cutscene, some cutscenes are defined as a 'cutscene' through AC but are not actually cutscenes. And in my actual cutscenes, I want to turn the cursor off, and then turn it on afterwards. Basically, I am looking for more bespoke control on setting my cursors. I am using prefab Cursor system. See screenshots here:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1B0r8eqO010iHQQwoFbsOlnftOtTaG-g_?usp=sharing

Comments

• The "Cutscene" ActionList type is not strictly the same as the game itself being in "Cutscene" mode - the latter term used when gameplay is blocked, and can be caused from any ActionList type.

Your UI Cursor Animator has an "IsInCutscene" bool parameter, which presumably is being set automatically through script. If you want to set it manually, you can do so with the Object: Animate Action.

• so theoretically, I could not block gameplay on action list /cutscene setting and instead constrain player / engine:manage systems to restrict interaction, movement, then unset it to have more freedom on cursor changing? And if I do want the cursor to become invisible would I just animate it invisible?

• You could have gameplay continue but with restrictions on the Player, but if the appearance of the cursor is based animation-based, you could just introduce another Animator parameter.

For example, an Int named "Force cursor state", where 1 denotes always on, and 2 always off. You'd then incorporate this into your transitions.