Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player switching issue (Child sprite Shrinking to original size for a split second)

Hey guys,

So I have a very very basic sneak mechanic in my game, (What I need is very basic) I had a look at The adventure creator 2.5d tutorial on YouTube I believe Chris made which was really handy on sneaking, however as I am in 2d not 3d I decided to do it this way :

I made a new player prefab (by duplicating my existing player prefab) which will have the sneak animations instead of the normal ones and I simply switch to and from the players by using a menu which activates an action list on button input...

this all works brilliantly however one slight issue...

so just before and after switching the player sprite goes tiny for 1 second before switching player and this is I assume because the sprite child attached to the player is scaled up by 1.1 and I believe when switching it shrinks down to its original size temporarily.

Thanks people really appreciate your time :)

I am using Unity version 2022.1.7f1
I am using Adventure creator Version V1.76.3

Comments

• 1 second or 1 frame?

You can test the 1.1 scale assumption by reducing the prefab's sprite child scale back down to 1 - though it may be because of the Sorting Map instead.

As an alternative to switching Player, though, you could use the Character: Animate Action to alter their animations and movement speeds. What animation engine does the character use?