Forum rules - please read before posting.

Question about Hotspot (Enable/Disable)

Hi there! It's been a while since I've posted/annoyed everyone with my questions. I have a question regarding Hotspots, specifically Enable/Disable. 

First off, a bit of context:

I'd like to be able to disable a Hotspot and then Enable it when an interaction is made, a variable is set to true/false, etc. My question is, how is the hotspot disabled in the first place so that it can be enabled with Action Type: Hotspot: Enable/Disable. Every time I try to use it, it doesn't seem to work. What I do is, I disable the hotspot in the inspector, I drag it into Hotspot to Affect, and set it to "Enable", but this never works.

Could you please tell me what I am doing wrong? I need to enable hotspots whenever something occurs, and I hate using, teleport object from out of bounds to a Marker position. 
Thank you in advance.

Comments

• To clarify: disabling a Hotspot isn't the same as disabling its component in the Inspector. A Hotspot's true "enabled" state is instead based on which layer its on.

You can disable a Hotspot by default by placing it on the Ignore Raycast layer - but the better way is to instead attach the "Remember Hotspot" component to it.

This component provides an option to set its default state, and will also include its current state in save-game files.

• edited May 2023

thank you for replying so quickly. So, to reiterate. I need to add "remember hotspot" to that hotspot, set it to "off", then drag it onto Action Type: Hotspot: Enable/Disable, and then enable it in there based on a condition?

addendum, it worked. Thank you @ChrisIceBox . Have a wonderful week ahead.