Forum rules - please read before posting.

Hover sound not playing

Hi

I have a hover sound specified in a menu item. I also have a click sound. I also have a Sound Player specified. The click sound is playing, but the hover sound isn't.

Both sound samples play in the inspector, both are wav files.

Any ideas why this would be? Hover sounds play on the AC generated in-game menu, but these are In Scene menus based around a standard UI button.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-9fytdnp3tmyfa969FxlwjRLzHD_TwZl/view?usp=share_link

Olly

Comments

• I'm afraid the link is private - could you make it public or share images on imgur?

Is the game paused at the time, and does it work if you switch to Unity UI Prefab?

• Thank you.

Are you directly navigating the Menu, or using the mouse, and is there an Event System object in the scene - or is AC spawning one at runtime?

What are your AC/Unity versions, is the game paused at the time, and does it work if you switch to Unity UI Prefab?

• Thanks Chris

Using the mouse to navigate the menu.
    Yes there's an event system (at design time)
    Unity version: 2022.2.17
    AC version 1.77.2

Not sure about the prefab one as I haven't tried (dare not rock the boat and make too many changes)

Olly

• Could you share a screenshot of the properties of the Menu, and the Button element, as they appear in the Menu Manager?

If you temporarily assign the click AudioClip as the hover sound, does that play?