Forum rules - please read before posting.

2D Character Moves Further Than Click Position

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi there,

I set up a new top down 2D game plus created a small scene with just a background, main character, camera and navmesh.  The problem I'm having is that when I click somewhere for the character to move it will move further than where I clicked.

If I click in the middle of the screen then it's perfect. The more to the left I click the further the character will be left of the spot clicked.  The higher up I click the further up the character will move compared to where originally clicked.  I hope that makes sense.  The same thing happens when clicking at the bottom or the right.

So this makes me think it may have something to do with the camera or the perspective.  I'm using a 16:9 aspect ratio for the game. The camera is set as perspective and the FOV to 60. To be honest I have no idea what the FOV should be.

If it makes any difference, the character is very small. Think of a fairy.

Is there something I set wrong or some setting that I can change so that the character moves to exactly the point where I clicked?

Please let me know if you need more information.  Thanks.  :)

Comments

• My apologies. I struggled with it for an hour, post the question here and then immediately find the problem.

My PlayerStart was in the wrong position.

Eh, well hopefully this will help someone one day if they happen to have the same problem.