Forum rules - please read before posting.

Engine: Pause game actions in inv/menu actionlists

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
I'm curious as to how the pause game action is supposed to work in menu actionlists. I am trying to set up a system where the player can rest for a certain number of hours, and I'm doing this solely through menu actionlists.

I have all the variable changes and such set up correctly, but I'd like to be able to add a pause game action each time an hour passes, so that the resting doesn't feel instantaneous. In other words, if the player rests for 8 hours, I'd like some sort of delay, even if its all of 1 to 2 seconds. 

I tried doing this by using an engine: pause game action after a variable: set action where I would increase the hour by 1. After those actions I have it set up so that it should loop back to the increase by 1 action if the hour doesn't equal a certain value. 

This action list works fine without the engine: pause game action, but as soon as I add that into the list, the action list simply stops at the engine: pause game action. Meaning the hour is increased only by 1, and the actionlist does not loop back to add more to the hour variable. 

Any idea why this is happening? In general, it seems like the engine: pause game action behaves differently in asset based actionlists than in scene based actionlists, presumably because you can set whether or not the actionlist is run in the background for scene based actionlists but not for asset based actionlists. Thanks!

Comments

• Are you by chance telling the ActionList to "skip" back to the first Action?  There was a bug related to that which will be fixed in 1.31.
  • Yes, that is what is happening, but skipping like that DOES work when there is no pause game action in the loop. So I suppose it's related to that action?
  • I can't reproduce this error (not least now that I've fixed the mentioned bug).  Pausing games with an InvActionList works fine - best you wait for 1.31 to see if it persists.