Forum rules - please read before posting.

Add a pre-redered cutsceen/intro

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hey ! 

I have a one question for the more advanced user of AC and Unity . What is the best way to add a pre-rendered cutscene  ( a video file created in other software )  to your game ? I want to have short animated story trailer between chapters
Thanks for help

Comments

• You will probably need Unity Pro to do video.
    Also video doesn't quite work the same with iOS because how how iOS treats video (goes full screen).

If I were you I would build the cut-scene as a 3D/2D animation with Unity's animation engine.combined with AC's very powerful cut-scene and camera system.

There's no reason not to: it will save your build size too.
  • I think you are right. I want to make some 2.5 d animation like
    this one

of course mine animation will be much more simple ;)
    So you think that i can capture "Similar" effect in unity and AC tools ?
  • Yea - totally.

The Unity animation system is very powerful- limited only by your art and animation skills. AC's cut scene development system can sequence all your elements together fairly easily too.

I'd you've used Maya and/or After Effects then the Unity anim system will be familiar- to an extent. You could even set up stuff in Maya and export as FBX with the keys included.
  • Awesome , great to hear that ! I am freelance illustrator and concept artist  ( you can chec my work at http://pedryczart.com/ )
    So I will create a 2d illustrations with separated all objects ( foreground , bacground) etc. )  and anim these at unit. Thanks a lot for the help !
  • No prob. Enjoy building! :)