Forum rules - please read before posting.

Stop all running cutscenes. Is it possible?

edited October 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi,

------------Quick explaination

I'd like to know if there's a command to stop all the cutscenes that are running with just a command.

Something like StopAllCutscenes.

Otherwise I'd like to know if it's possible to stop just one Cutscenes manually.
Something like:
cutscene.Stop()

------------Long explaination (if we don't have any of the above commands)

I've some complex situations in the game where the player has the choice to interact or ignore a set of following -timed- cutscenes (I'll call the group CUTSCENE TRACK).

Ex.
CUTSCENE TRACK contains:

- CUTSCENE 1) Phone is ringing (in the background) - it stops after 10 seconds. -> if player doesn't answer -> continue to cutscene 2
- CUTSCENE 2) Someone is knocking (in the background) - it stops after 10 seconds. -> if player doesn't answer -> continue to cutscene 3
- CUTSCENE 3) Someone start yelling... etc

But player could ignore all the the CUTSCENE TRACK and move forward in the game, starting an UNRELATED CUTSCENE.
If player start this "UNRELATED CUTSCENE" I'd like to stop the CUTSCENE TRACK (but I don't know if player stops at CUTSCENE 1, 2 or 3).

Simpler choice is to stop all cutscenes: so I don't mind if Player is at Cutscene 1, 2 or 3.

Otherwise I can find the right cutscene in the CUTSCENE TRACK and stop it directly.
(Just in case I can use variables to check which cutscene is running)

Comments

• edited October 2014
    Yes, it's possible.  For individual Cutscenes, use the Action: Send message Action to pass the "Kill" message to it.  It'll stop running.

To end all ActionLists, you'll have to use a single line of code (to be placed in a custom Action - see this tutorial):

GameObject.FindWithTag (Tags.gameEngine).GetComponent ().KillAllLists ();
  • I'd love to see this "Kill All Lists" action implemented in on of the next AC updates :) 
  • With custom Actions, anything's possible!

The code line itself has also gotten easier since then:

KickStarter.actionListManager.KillAllLists ();