Forum rules - please read before posting.

Many NPC can slowdown the game?

edited April 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hi again, I have an issue when adding some new NPC. Maybe it's my fault, but I create them like the player char with all standard components and of course, the npc script instead of the player script. But when I add about 4 new npc, when I run and test the game, it goes veeeeery slow! So slow that it's impossible to test... 
I tried to uncheck the checkbox near npc and it came back to normal. But doing this, the npc cannot walk to a destination or follow a path, it can only play animations. I create them as mecanim, not legacy.
What can I make wrong? Someone have this issue?
Tx all!

Comments

• I am using the player and 3 NPCs in my demo and I have no problem with it.
  • I'll do some testing of my own, but this may rather depend a lot on your rig, mecanim FSMs, and other elements specific to you.  Does this slowdown occur as soon as the scene begins?
  • edited May 2014
    Yes, it happens from the real beginning, after I press play to test. Also the mouse goes slow... if I uncheck the NPC checkbox during the gametest, the game become more faster until I uncheck all the NPC that back to normal.
    Btw, in the build the game run normal.
    I'm using chars from an asset called "Medieval Knights", I don't know if this may help you.
    Thanks.
  • edited May 2014
    If it runs normally, it's likely an editor setting that's doing it.  Do you have any Inspectors or AC windows active?

A few optimisation fixes coming in 1.32, including the ability to lose the Rigidbody if the Character doesn't need to worry about gravity.
  • I use the Animator and the Navigation Tab. Tried to close both but same result, very slow. While in the game, unckecking the npc box return to normality.
    Let's see if 1.32 resolves some issue! 
    Tx!