Forum rules - please read before posting.

Music not playing while paused in menu

edited April 2014 in Engine development
I noticed that the sound prefab has a check box for "Play while game paused" which works during cutscenes that pause the game, but apparently doesn't work while a menu which pauses the game is enabled.

In other words, my music sound stops playing as soon as a menu which is set to pause the game when shown is enabled.

Any thoughts on this? Has anyone else noticed this problem?

Comments

• This is actually a known error in Unity.  The code is correct (as in, it follows Unity's scripting guidelines), and once Unity issues a fix it'll work.  I admit I didn't think it would take so long for such a fix to come out!
  • Oh, interesting! Well thanks for letting me know, I'll keep an eye out for any Unity updates.
  • edited May 2014
    I've been trying to research this problem, and I can't find many mentions of it in my google search- the few I've seen are from around 2011.

I found a thread from this past February in which someone says that they can play music while the timescale = 0 (pause menu)- http://forum.unity3d.com/threads/225996-Adjust-audio-volume-when-Time-timescale-0
     Is the problem with playing sounds in menus only affecting some projects? Does AC pause the game a different way? Any thoughts about this?

Thanks!