Forum rules - please read before posting.

1.40 ActionlistEditor artefacts, feature request

selected nodes look like this (it worked in 1.39c)
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4wqcir7035o5kzb/actionlisteditor.jpg?dl=0

i would also suggest a single click selection (with ctl, shift for multiples), with support of Ctl-C and Ctl-V... this would definitly speed up the workflow.

thanks again for your hard work!

Comments

• What platform are you working on?
  • edited November 2014

windows7, unity pro 4.5.5f1

i'm also getting this error when i auto-rearrange (but it works as expected)

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
    Aborting
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayoutUtility.cs:513)
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayoutUtility.cs:208)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5782)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5761)
    ActionListEditorWindow.NodeWindow (Int32 i) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:361)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayout.cs:413)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUI.cs:1408)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow:EndWindows()
    ActionListEditorWindow:NodesGUI(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:603)
    ActionListEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:219)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

• Works for me on Windows, but not 7.  Hard to tell if this is a platform issue - I'll likely revert back to the "shaded" Actions.  Not as neat-looking, but at least it works.
  • strange... is 7 already getting that old? :)

i'd like to add one point to this feature request if i may:

- the ability to move multiple actions at once (when selected)... (auto arrange helps here a lot, but sometimes -   especially if there is no disable in the future - i have to temporary replace an entire branch and need to move a lot of nodes around... so this would be very useful.
  • the display bug seems to be resolved in 1.40a, thanks!

but i still get this error from time to time...

ArgumentException: GUILayout: Mismatched LayoutGroup.Repaint
    UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayoutUtility.cs:210)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5782)
    UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5761)
    AC.Action.SkipActionGUI (System.Collections.Generic.List`1 actions, Boolean showGUI) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Action.cs:184)
    ActionListEditorWindow.NodeWindow (Int32 i) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:420)
    UnityEngine.GUILayout+LayoutedWindow.DoWindow (Int32 windowID) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayout.cs:413)
    UnityEngine.GUI.CallWindowDelegate (UnityEngine.WindowFunction func, Int32 id, UnityEngine.GUISkin _skin, Int32 forceRect, Single width, Single height, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style) (at C:/BuildAgent/work/d63dfc6385190b60/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUI.cs:1408)
    UnityEditor.EditorWindow:EndWindows()
    ActionListEditorWindow:NodesGUI(Boolean) (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:614)
    ActionListEditorWindow:OnGUI() (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditorWindow.cs:219)
    UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

• hehe, after working with the actionListEditor more extensively, these things came in mind which could enhance the workflow quite a lot.... "for your consideration" ;) let me summarize:

- single click selection of the nodes (become green with the first click)
      (maybe including multiselect with CTL - clicks)
    - the ability to move all selected nodes at once
    - support of ctl-C and ctl-V
    - autoscroll at the window borders, when a connection noodle is activily dragged

food for thought ;)