Forum rules - please read before posting.

Menus Set to Pause Gameplay result in black screen

Using AC 1.40 and tried to complete the "Title Menu Screen" tutorial. When running the scene the entire screen went black. This didn't happen when creating the same "Title Menu Screen" in 1.39c.

Seems to have something to do with the "Pause Game when Enabled" checkbox. When you deselect that option, the menu appears, but the cursor is locked to the middle of the screen.

Comments

• I'll have to revise that tutorial, since the Menu system has changed a little since then.  But the first thing I'd suggest is what you've already done.

Shouldn't affect the cursor, though.  Have you turned on Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins? in the Settings Manager?
  • Yes, I turned on 'Lock cursor in screen's centre when game begins' as I'm making a First-Person game and like to start in Free-Aim mode.

Is it possible to start each scene in a different cursor mode - roaming cursor for the Start Menu scene, and Free-Aim cursor for the actual game?
  • You can use the Player: Constrain Action to disable free-aiming whenever you want - give that a go, it should solve it.
  • Thanks, Chris.