Forum rules - please read before posting.

[bug] Interactive Cloth component freezing Unity during menu turnoff?

edited November 2014 in Technical Q&A
Tested this with my Menu which originally started as the 3D demo one. 
Tried with the Demo Scene one too, same result but it's a little different. In my scene, Unity freezed completely and I couldn't do anything else anymore. Had to forcefully close it via task manager. Probably because it's bigger?

In a new scene, after I assign the mesh (this is key, otherwise it doesn't crash) it does Freeze, the cursor gets locked in the center, but after 4-5 seconds it unfreezes. Very weird.
Tested with various meshes, of course.

Just to be clear, step by step:
- Play, Open the menu
- Press Esc\click to resume the game -> freeze.

1.40a btw. Unity 4.5.5 - Windows 7 64bit Pro.

Other infos which are probably not related: First person, locked cursor at start.

Comments

• Seems this is actually a bug with Unity - the cloth component can't handle time freezing.  I can disable cloths while the game is paused, which will solve the problem, but it'll be a temporary fix until Unity itself is updated with a proper solution.
  • ... crap :(. Thanks, Chris. 
    I'll try to send Unity a report about this - I haven't downloaded the 4.6beta but I assume the problem persists? Besides I don't really want to use beta stuff...

Unfortunately it happens even if I build the game of course, so yeah, I'll appreciate any workaround you can think of, so that at least I can watch my scene without disabling them completely.
  • Thank you. I know Chris has "fixed" this in 1.40b and it works - not sure what solution is better.