Forum rules - please read before posting.

Bug? Switch player: player movement/pathfinding problems

I have two scenes, both have their own player-character, which get swapped with an OnStart cutscene.

the problem is, the character movement behaves differently (every time I click on the ground the player stops for a moment before walking... so if the playerChar is walking to a point and you continuously click on the ground, the character almost stays still....

this doesn't happen when i set the same Char as default and disable the switch player action....

Comments

• Do both characters have this problem, or just the one you switch to?
  • the second character is just a copy of my main character, with some hidden objs (like the sprite) to create a kind of "empty character" for the mainMenu, so i don't know if a switch would affect anything, but i'll try.

detailed: i have two scenes, the first (mainMenu) starts with the invisible character, after i click "start" i change the scene - then in scene02, i switch the character onLoad (i'll try to switch it in the previous scene next, before the changescene)

• You should use the Player: Switch Action in the menu scene instead.  You can opt to load the new player in a new scene with this Action - use that instead of Engine: Change scene.
  • I had the same problem. IIRC it occurs when there is more than 1 player prefab on scene.
  • You should never have more than one player prefab in the scene at any one time: the Player: Switch Action is designed to handle that.  Steps to recreate?
  • It depends - is the young player actually saved in the next scene?  He shouldn't be.

Rather than changing the scene, use the Player: Switch Action in the intro scene.  Use it to switch to the new player, and then set New Player position to Appear In Other Scene.