Forum rules - please read before posting.

Player Face Direction speed

edited January 2015 in Technical Q&A
Hello everyone,

I am making a full 2D Adventure Game. I have the 8 positions and animations, and I want the player to turn around, but not instant. I have found a small issue when I set the main player to face a direction from interaction or any other way other then navigation. The actual problem is that the speed the character turns(slides through the animations until it gets the direction) is much slower then the speed the character turns when moving from one point to another on the NavMesh. 
By example if the character is turned Left, and I click a hotstop on the right, it takes him like 1 second DL, 1 second on D, 1 second on DR and then Right. It should only take him like 0.2 seconds on each transition or something. Is there any way to adjust this speed?

I am using AdventureCreator Version 1.41b, and Unity version 4.6.1f1

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• There's a known bug in the current release whereby a 2D character's "Turn speed" has no effect.  This is fixed for the upcoming 1.42 release, which should be out later this week.
  • Thank you for the quick response. I am looking forward for the new version.