Forum rules - please read before posting.

Updated to Unity 4.6.2 and having issues with ActionListEditor

Hey @ChrisIceBox,

I don't know if this is related to the issue with not having my actions showing up as disabled in the ActionListEditor (which I posted on the latest version of the AC thread), but I was not having the following errors until I updated to Unity 4.6.2 recently. 
All of our interactions lost their actions and instead are now only showing the default Engine: End game action.
When clicking on a interaction on the hierarchy, these  errors shows in the console:

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object
AC.ActionListEditor.DrawSharedElements () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditor.cs:123)
InteractionEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Editor/InteractionEditor.cs:30)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1094)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

ArgumentException: Getting control 0's position in a group with only 0 controls when doing Repaint
Aborting
UnityEngine.GUILayoutGroup.GetNext () (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayoutUtility.cs:513)
UnityEngine.GUILayoutUtility.BeginLayoutGroup (UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options, System.Type LayoutType) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/EditorGenerated/GUILayoutUtility.cs:208)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUIContent content, UnityEngine.GUIStyle style, UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5869)
UnityEditor.EditorGUILayout.BeginHorizontal (UnityEngine.GUILayoutOption[] options) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/EditorGUI.cs:5848)
AC.ActionListEditor.DrawSharedElements () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/ActionList/Editor/ActionListEditor.cs:125)
InteractionEditor.OnInspectorGUI () (at Assets/AdventureCreator/Scripts/Logic/Editor/InteractionEditor.cs:30)
UnityEditor.InspectorWindow.DrawEditor (UnityEditor.Editor editor, Int32 editorIndex, Boolean forceDirty, System.Boolean& showImportedObjectBarNext, UnityEngine.Rect& importedObjectBarRect, Boolean eyeDropperDirty) (at C:/buildslave/unity/build/Editor/Mono/Inspector/InspectorWindow.cs:1094)
UnityEditor.DockArea:OnGUI()

I can rebuild the actions manually, but if I try to make a interaction a prefab, again these two errors show up and the prefab loses all the actions. If I create a new interaction and don't add any new actions to it,  and then make it a prefab, no errors are displayed. 

Any ideas?

Comments

• Unfortunately, because of the way Unity works, it's not possible to prefab ActionLists.  This is why ActionList assets exist.  AC has a number of way to make this easier: you can use the ActionListEditor window to select all/copy/paste Actions from a scene-based list to an asset, and you can also tell your Hotspots and other scene logic to reference assets instead of scene-based Interactions.  Just look for the Interaction source field in the Hotspot inspector.
  • Hey Chris,

Thanks for replying. As usually, I didn't explain myself properly. The issue is not making a prefab out ActionLists. As you indicated, we've been using ActionLists assets for a while and it works perfectly :)
    I was just trying to point out the ways I'm getting the error message above. 
    Even without doing that, ActionLists were losing all of their actions. 

For the record, the way we fixed the issued a few hours ago was just to reimport the whole package from the Asset Store  after updating to 4.6.2. We're not getting the messages anymore and the actionlists were recovered.