Forum rules - please read before posting.

Can I hide the cursor?

is there any way to hide the cursor during a scene at all? I want to be able to click to move on so am running the intro cutscene in the background so you can click on the screen to skip.

I'm assuming that's the best way to do it?

Thanks,

Kris

Comments

• If you're just skipping text, you don't need to be running it in the background.  But if you want to skip an entire Cutscene, set it to Block Gameplay, then map the EndCutscene input to either a mouse click or a keyboard press.
  • That's the trick, there is text displaying as a character is giving a monologue Trek-Style (will post up a pic later) so clicking just skips the text and you usually have to double click to move on BUT this idea of a block gameplay... not tried that!

Will give it a go and get back to you. This could change everything.

Thanks!

Kris
  • Being a bit simple but where do I find the 'block gameplay' option anyone...?

Thanks!
  • It's in the "When running" drop-down at the top of the Inspector.
  • Have we been talking about 'Pause gameplay' all along?
  • FIXED

To clarify to anyone trying to do the same thing (ie. skip cutscenes):

1. set your cutscene up to: Actions source: In Scene, When running: Pause Gameplay, Is skippable? [yes]
    2. Go to Edit > Project Settings > Input
    3. Go down to End Cutscene and add 'mouse 0' in the negative button option

From here on clicking anywhere on screen will skip to the end of a cutcene! yay!

Hope this helps and makes sense,

Kris