Forum rules - please read before posting.

Playing voice files

As far as i understand, i'll have all my voice files in the folder resources/speech with the given id (gather text) : PlayerXX, right?!

I think that is not a good way to do that.

- I can not group them. i have a big sceene with different locations/rooms all the files are only grouped by the scene.

- I don't have a short description of that voice file. I.e. 'short Description' -> 'Line text'

- I can not group them into subfolders, which is a mess in my case cause i will have over 500 voice-over files all located into the speech folder with only the player-name and the ID. Even the 'create script sheet' will not help, cause there are tons of voice-lines without any short description, that would help to identify the voice-line fast.

Somtimes it's not obvious what the voice-line is about, without a short description. Grouping them into subfoldes would also help to clean it up a bit. 

So it would help to have at least something like that:

------------------------------------

Description "Fax"

Character: TexMurphy
Filename: TexMurphy72

Line : "This costs a bundle, now if i've got a fax from someone other then my mom.

-----------------------------------

Or is there an other way to do that?

Comments

• The implementation is mainly based on the way Unity works, but I will be looking into improvements.  I will take your comments into account.