Forum rules - please read before posting.

Cursor Not Appearing After Quitting Game

I set things up so that when the player brings up the pause menu and presses quit they're taken back to the title screen. However, when they get back to the title screen the cursor is not visible. It's there because I can hear the sounds as the cursor passes over the buttons on the screen.

Not sure if this is a bug.

Comments

• Upon further investigation I discovered that the Pause Menu is still present on screen after quitting the game. It's hiding behind the Title screen. If I mouse around in the centre of the screen, again, I can here the button beeps. Just don't see a cursor.
  • Should also mention that my game is in first-person mode with cursor locked (free-aiming) through, except for menus.
  • Do you have "Hide cursor when locked" checked in the Settings Manager?  That's a known bug that I'm currently following up on.
  • Hi, Chris. No, I do not have "Hide cursor when locked" checked. Have the cursor showing in centre of screen the whole game.
  • So, I added a "Menu: Change state: Turn off Menu" action to the QuitButton ActionList Asset to turn off the Pause menu before restarting the game and that seems to have solved the problem of dueling menus on my Titlescreen.

Don't think it will have implications down the line, as the Pause menu is invoked by a key press, anyway.