Forum rules - please read before posting.

(gk) RandomThoughts Plugin

edited February 2015 in Extending the editor
Hey guys I went ahead and made a few custom actions that I find useful in my game so I figure I'd share with the rest of the community. 

Description: Selects a random text from a simple XML file that is attached to the action. I gutted the ActionSpeech file that Chris wrote for AC and used it as a basis to get this this working. 

The action opens a XML file, counts the number of <Speech></Speech> nodes in the file , then selects one at random and sends the enclosed text to AC narration/speech engine. 

Also includes two super simple scripts for stopping and starting the dialog scrolling effect as showcased in the video. 

Files Included:
  • gkActionRandomThoughts.cs
  • ExampleXmlFile.xml
Additional
  • gkActionScrollingStop.cs
  • gkActionScrollingStart.cs

To Install just drop into your AC/Scripts/Actions/  folder and refresh the actions manager. Afterwards you will be able to select these guys from your Customs/Actions.

Enjoy and happy creating!

Comments

• Thanks really ussefull
  • nice work, thanks, will try this out when I get a minute!..
  • Guys, I just realized after the switch to Unity 5 that I used (assetdatabase) to load in the xml files for the plugin. Not realizing that assetdatabase is only used in UnityEditor and not during a build. I will post an updated script as soon as I put one together.