Forum rules - please read before posting.

First person - Forcing camera during player speech

Hi!
I'm currently implementing a first person scene with a cutscene.

I can switch to a specific camera for the cutscene, but then the game forces the First Person Camera when I make player speak (out from the cutscene, during an interaction).

Then it starts another cutscene, but the game keeps the first person camera (I need to explicity tell him to change camera again).

What I want to achieve is the following:

1) Cutscenes A (end with a conversation option) -> Specific Camera (it works)
2) Player Dialgoue Choice --> Specific Camera (it doesn't work. camera switch back to First person)
3) Cutscene B -> Specific Camera (it doesn't work. I need to reset it manually)

Is it possible to achieve the above?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• Whenever a first person game gives the player control, it'll revert back to the first person camera - other cameras can only be used during cutscenes.

To make use of another camera during gameplay, you first have to use the Engine: Manage systems Action to change your Movement method to something else, like None.  You can then use the same Action afterwards to return to the first person camera.
  • I've set Engine: Manage systems  Movement as none.

When I switch back to Movement First Person I've free aiming set as disabled.
    I can renable it manually, but I'd like to do it automatically.

I tried to use Engine: Player Constrains Free-aiming: enabled, to do that automatically, but it appears the command doesn't work. If I add this command the other I won't be able to return at free-aiming.

I do the following:
    1) Engine: Manage systems  Movement as none.
    2) Cutscene is working
    3) Engine: Manage systems  Movement as First Person.
    4) Engine: Player Constrains Free-aiming Enabled
    -> result: free-aiming permanently disabled.
  • Thanks for the steps to recreate.  I will follow them and see how I go.
  • When you return to First Person mode, the cursor will be returned to it's "When game begins" lock setting in the Settings Manager.  If it's checked, then 3) will resume free-aiming, and you won't have need for 4).