Forum rules - please read before posting.

How AC handle additive scene loading

edited May 2014 in Technical Q&A
Hullo,

I was wondering if AC could support additive scene loading in many ways.

First of all, the game folders hierarchy, would basic folders get duplicated if 2 of my scenes are layouted in an AC way?

Second, what about NavMesh, would they properly be loaded? Unity do it the hardway by ref'ing the navmesh into its scene file, which get half-ignored on AdditiveLoading therefore lost.

Finally, would the SaveSystem retain that kind of game state? After reading through the code, I noticed all scenes are kept into the save file (only if the user has been into each scene at least once). So if I load a saved game, could it detect whether if I was in a scene that had other scenes additively loaded and take care of reloading each of them?

Extra question: If it's not supported, do you plan to support it in a near future?

Regards

Comments

• No, it's not supported - for a number of technical reasons, the underlying one being that I couldn't guarantee it's stability enough to make it official.  There are many variables involved, and the safest way to keep control of everything (NavMesh, saving, etc) is to keep everything in separate scenes.  I'm sorry that's not the answer you were hoping for.