Forum rules - please read before posting.

Skipping Cutscenes

I love that this exists - but it doesn't run through the logic - which causes issues. Unless of course I'm using it incorrectly?

Comments

• Too little information for anybody to help, please elaborate.

What exactly does "run through the logic" mean for you?
    What "issues" are you talking about?
    If you don't describe HOW you use it, how is anybody (except you) supposed to judge if you use it correctly or not? So, how do you use it?

Screenshots?

• lol - easy there. 

At the top of the cutscene logic inspector there is a box that states, 'is skippable'. You can assign a 'end cutscene' button under the unity inputs, which will allow the player to skip through the current cutscene.

The issue is - if you use this function, it does not continue to run through the logic from the cutscene. As in - it will stop where ever you are in that sequence and skip to the end. 
  • It certainly should do - skipping a Cutscene is designed to run all Actions instantly.  Logic is still preserved.  Are you using custom Actions?  As @orrence suggests, screenshots would help, as this is likely something specific to your Cutscene.

To start with, I'd recommend seeing whether or not you are able to skip through the demo game's Cutscenes.  I used those to test the feature with, and haven't found any trouble with them.
  • No custom actions...I assumed that's how you intended them to function. 
  • And now it randomly is working properly...wth lol
  • edited June 2018
    I'm a little confused by this. I'm trying to just add a button to skip my intro cutscene but it's not working. I'm trying to use the suggestion by EBlomquist but not sure what "End Cutscene button under the unity inputs" means.

• Oops. It works now.

I realized that I had "Is skippable" checked and yet I forgot to also set to "Run In background".