Forum rules - please read before posting.

Perspective Camera in Unity2D mode

edited May 2014 in Technical Q&A
I've noticed that among the 4 different ways of doing 2D in AC, a number of the features/functions are exclusive to their respective modes, such that you're out of luck if you like the display style of one mode, but the navigation options of another. I'm wondering if it has to be this way - more specifically, I'd like to be able to work in the new Unity2D mode, but the perspective camera (which I use for feigning an isometric look w/ dynamic lights) doesn't work with that mode (or at least breaks the pathfinding). Is there a way around this? If not, could you please explain what about the new 2D mode or its polygon collider navigation depends on an orthographic camera over a perspective one. Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• This restriction's in place because, up until you brought it up and I did some more research, I thought 2D physics objects could only be Raycasted from Orthographic cameras.  Seems possible, though I'm also seeing a few caveats.  If the restriction can be lowered, it'll be done in 1.24.
  • Many thanks, Chris - I'm assuming you mean 1.34